Discussion – Week 0

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Capps
    Keymaster

Description:
    The pre-work week is here so you can get acquainted with the course presentation and the format of the group discussion forum. Feel free to poke around and get a sense for where the assignments will live, and how you will engage with the coaches and the cohort.

Prompt:
    1. Take a look at your pre-work reflection. Write in your group’s discussion forum, under the “Discussion – Week 0” topic, one reason you are excited to start participating in the program!

2. Reply to at least one other person’s post with an encouraging and positive affirmation.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Tyler Capps.
    Chuck Hua
    Participant

Hi everyone – my name is Chuck and I’m excited to try and start taking charge of my creative projects and career aspirations with this program! Excited to see everyone soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Simran Dhami
    Participant

Hey guys, Iโ€™m Simran ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ Iโ€™m excited to understand the root of my challenges and then find solutions to improve it to progress my personal and professional development!

Simran Dhami
    Participant

Chuck! Iโ€™m so excited your participating in this program so I have the chance to โ€œhang outโ€ with you and hear more about the work you do ๐Ÿ™‚

Mally Anderson
    Participant

Hi all, Iโ€™m Mally. I work a lot and struggle sometimes to maintain boundaries, so Iโ€™m excited to explore ways to apply more balance in my life and conserve more of my energy.

@simran, going to the root of oneโ€™s challenges is hard and embracing them is a good thing! I also hope you understand them better at the end of this ๐Ÿ™‚

chad lamon
    Participant

Hey there beautiful people! My name is Chad Lamon & I am very stoked to be going through this course with all of you chosen ones. I majored in Film & Video production & minored in Sound Engineering. Video, Editing, Photography, Events, Sound & making music are some of my favorite things to do for a living and in general when I have free time ๐Ÿ™‚

Some things I enjoy doing over the weekend are: hiking, long boarding, the beach, working out, bowling, pool, air hockey, ultimate frisby, traveling, concerts & festivals.

My goal by the end of this course is to build out my Production company, maximize more of my time after work & learn from all of you. Lol, my production company has been in the works for a couple of years. I’ve been building marketable videos & photos for it, learning what its like managing & paying out my teams, hiring, learning what clients are wanting, refining processes & trying to make everyone happy & keep the train going.

@chuck, @simran & @mally Looks like were all in a similar boat! ๐Ÿ™‚ Excited to meet you all tonight!

Phil Leggetter
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m Phil. I’m based in Scotland, so will be participating async – mainly via this forum and catching up with the discussions via the recordings. I will try to attend one of the meetings.

I’ve had a “relatively” successful career and a happy life – great parents, wife, three awesome kids, and a crazy-fun chocolate labrador. But I now find myself in a place where I struggle to know what I want. I feel in limbo. What drives me? What will make me get out of bed in the morning already feeling energized for the day ahead?

So, I’m excited to make strides (or even small steps) towards my goal of finding some clarity around what really drives me and feed that into becoming a better, more content person for my family and also in ensuring the next work role I take on is really right for me.

@chuck, @simran, @mally, & @chad – great to meet you all. Also great to see the enthusiasm in this forum and the recording from the Week 0 discussion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.