Discussion – Week 1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Capps
    Keymaster

Description:

You may notice as you start to practice self-reflection that a voice in your head starts to narrate. This narration is rarely helpful to us, and often actively hurts us. We shouldn’t feel bad when we make stuff up about the world. We all do this – every single one of us. The real skill we want to start to build is reflecting: “Is the narrator in our head actually telling the truth?”

Prompt:

Share to your sub-group one thing you like about yourself and one thing you don’t feel as positively about. Remember, you don’t need to share more than you are comfortable with.
    Provide a thoughtful reply to at least one other person’s post (at least a sentence or two).

Elise White
    Participant

One think I like about myself is my ability to empathize with people and see/hear all the different sides of a situation. I am good at balancing my analytical brain with empathetic brain.

One thing I don’t feel so positively about is I tend to shift my personality to match a situation or group of people. I do this sometimes consciously and sometimes unconsciously, probably stemming from a desire for acceptance. I’ve been working on trying to remain true to myself and not mirror the personalities of those I seek acceptance from.

Elaine Kim
    Participant

I can REALLY relate to your post to the point it feels a bit redundant to write my own. I like that I can be an empathetic and supportive person, but it angers me the degree to which I find myself shape shifting to match other peoples expectations and needs. Thank you for sharing this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.