Discussion – Week 1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Capps
    Keymaster

Description:

You may notice as you start to practice self-reflection that a voice in your head starts to narrate. This narration is rarely helpful to us, and often actively hurts us. We shouldn’t feel bad when we make stuff up about the world. We all do this – every single one of us. The real skill we want to start to build is reflecting: “Is the narrator in our head actually telling the truth?”

Prompt:

Share to your sub-group one thing you like about yourself and one thing you don’t feel as positively about. Remember, you don’t need to share more than you are comfortable with.
    Provide a thoughtful reply to at least one other person’s post (at least a sentence or two).

Phil Leggetter
    Participant

Note: I’m behind by a week but I’m assuming other people may be too.

> Share to your sub-group one thing you like about yourself and one thing you don’t feel as positively about. Remember, you don’t need to share more than you are comfortable with.

I like that I’m highly empathetic – I can easily put myself in the shoes of others and try to understand their situation, why they are acting or thinking the way they are, and how they may be feeling.

I don’t like that this empathy sometimes goes too far, which can then result in others using this empathy against me. This can make me seem like a pushover.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.